Sunday, December 31
- 9:30am Please note the location: NSMC Hybrid Worship at the Civic Center (contact Anne for details on how to join Zoom)
Thursday, January 4
- 7:00pm Bible Study led by Shane (contact Anne for details on how to join Zoom)
Sunday, January 7 Epiphany Sunday
- 9:30am NSMC Hybrid Worship (contact Anne for details on how to join Zoom)
- 11:00am Christian Formation
- 12:00pm Potluck
- 1:00-2:30pm Sacred Ground Small Group and Anti-Racism Learning (contact Anne for more information)
H.A Penner, war tax resister/redirector, explains the benefits of the Mennonite Church USA Church Peace Tax Fund, which offers an opportunity for Mennonites to redirect the portion of their taxes that would have otherwise supported war efforts toward peacebuilding efforts. Read more here: mennoniteusa.org/war-tax-redirection
Mennonite Church USA is helping to fuel growth and diversity with its 2023 Thrive Church Planting Grants. This year’s repeat award recipients, Brooklyn (New York) Peace Church and Community of Hope Mennonite Church, Bellingham, Washington, are building circles of community in creative, Jesus-centered ways. Read more here: mennoniteusa.org/news/church-plants-thrive
–from Creation Justice Ministries 52 Ways to Care for Creation
Consider a Gift
As you make your year-end gifts, consider giving to support the work of Creation Justice Ministries. To learn more about Creation Justice Ministries or to donate, please visit creationjustice.org
–from Creation Justice Tips | United Methodist Church
Renew Your Covenant
John Wesley began a New Year tradition of leading people in renewing their covenant with God. At the very beginning, God gave us a garden to tend and till. Now is the time to renew your commitment to be good stewards of our earth. Choose one new thing you can do throughout the year to care for creation.
Stop the Flow of Junk Mail
Junk mail invades our lives to the tune of 41 pounds per person per year. Eighty to 100 million trees lose their lives each year to print junk mail, and much of it ends up in landfills. Stop junk mail. Here are three ways.
–from the Sierra Club
100 Things You Can Do to Save the Planet
- Ride a bicycle instead of driving whenever possible.
- Buy organic, locally-grown vegetables whenever possible.