Saturday, February 15
- 9:00am-3:30pm Illinois Mennonite Conference Delegate Meeting, Menno Haven Camp & Retreat Center
Sunday, February 16
- 9:15am Christian Formation
- The Soul’s Slow Ripening, chapter 3, “The Practice of Peregrinatio and Seeking”
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship
Wednesday, February 19
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
Black History Month
From Anne: In the month of February we will honor Black History Month in our worship time. I came across this website in an initial internet exploration and encourage you to have a look: https://www.everysquareinch.net/why-christians-should-celebrate-black-history-month/ The author, Keith Simon, offers five reasons that Christians should celebrate Black History Month:
- To remember significant contributions made by African Americans. Check out the link to a list.
- To remember how far we’ve come and how far we have to go.
- To give thanks to God for the work of the black church.
- To remember that black history is our history.
- To remember that God is glorified by diversity.
March 14 Coffeehouse at Christ Community Mennonite Church
All are welcome to a Saturday night Coffee House, featuring Moonshine Band. The music of Moonshine, an acoustic group playing folk, pop, blues and original music, was created to showcase the hauntingly beautiful voice and incredible creativity and versatility of singer/songwriter Margie Dziadzka.
Doors open at 7:00pm, and there will be refreshments and a free will offering, with suggested donation $10 to $15. For information call 847-895-3654, or visit Facebook: Christ Community Mennonite Church.
For more information, view this flyer for the event.
Use Green Cleaning Products
Did you know some cleaning products have toxic chemicals that can harm your health as well as pollute God’s creation? Check out the “Cleanliness and Godliness Toolkit” from Creation Justice Ministries for ideas on greener cleaning.