Saturday, February 8
- 8:00am Men’s Breakfast, Liberty Restaurant, Libertyville
Sunday, February 9
- 9:15am Christian Formation
- The Soul’s Slow Ripening, chapter 1, “The Practice of Thresholds.”
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship
Wednesday, February 12
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
Black History Month
From Anne: In the month of February we will honor Black History Month in our worship time. I came across this website in an initial internet exploration and encourage you to have a look: https://www.everysquareinch.net/why-christians-should-celebrate-black-history-month/ The author, Keith Simon, offers five reasons that Christians should celebrate Black History Month:
- To remember significant contributions made by African Americans. Check out the link to a list.
- To remember how far we’ve come and how far we have to go.
- To give thanks to God for the work of the black church.
- To remember that black history is our history.
- To remember that God is glorified by diversity.
Illinois Mennonite Conference Delegate Meeting
Four of us plan to attend the delegate meeting of Illinois Mennonite Conference on February 15 at Camp MennoHaven. Two more of us can attend; let Anne know if you are interested. Please be in prayer for the delegate gathering!
Plan a Lenten Devotional That Will Benefit God’s Creation
The Creation Justice online community is doing a “Tread Lightly for Lent” devotional this year, adapted from the Presbyterian Hunger Program’s Environmental Ministries 2018 resource. (Download the Lent 2020 devotional here.) You may also consider trying a carbon fast. If you live in a place with an active state chapter of Interfaith Power and Light, it can be fun to find a local community doing a carbon fast together.
Editor’s Note: Faith in Place sponsors the Illinois Interfaith Power and Light chapter in our area.