Friday, January 31 – Sunday, February 2
- Annual Church Retreat at Menno Haven Camp & Retreat Center
- The theme is “Thresholds,” drawing on last year’s retreat work and on the current adult formation text. “We encounter thresholds in our experience..those times when life shifts, sometimes out of choice, and often because of circumstance. They can be extraordinarily challenging in their own ways and full of their own kind of grace…If you are in a place of discernment in your life, a season on pondering next steps, then you are on a threshold as well. Thresholds are…times when there is a profound unknowing of what will come next.”
Sunday, February 2
- Please note: There will not be a worship service at the Civic Center because of the Winter Retreat.
Wednesday, February 5
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
Saturday, February 8
- 8:00am Men’s Breakfast, Liberty Restaurant, Libertyville
Cut Your Shower Time by Five Minutes
Cut five minutes off your shower to save water. According to a study done by Harvard, the average American shower uses 2.5 gallons per minute. You will save 12.5 gallons of water if you shorten by just 5 minutes. Or, consider turning the water off while you lather up and only turn it on to rinse.
Editor’s Note: The Harvard link above includes five ways to measure a five-minute shower.
- Use a shower timer.
- Set a watch timer or watch the clock.
- Listen to any five-minute song. We suggest Paul Simon’s “You Can Call Me Al” (It’s actually 4:35, so give yourself 25 seconds after it ends!)
- Sing the ABCs 10.5 times. Stop after M on the 11th time.
- Count backward from 300—this is helpful, relaxing, and meditative!