Sunday, January 26
- 9:15am Christian Formation
- Our new text is The Soul’s Slow Ripening: 12 Celtic Practices for Seeking the Sacred by Christin Valters Paintner. It is available in kindle form as well as paperback via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Souls-Slow-Ripening-Practices-Seeking/dp/1932057102
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship
Wednesday, January 29
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
Friday, January 31 – Sunday, February 2
- Annual Church Retreat at Menno Haven Camp & Retreat Center
- The theme is “Thresholds,” drawing on last year’s retreat work and on the current adult formation text. “We encounter thresholds in our experience..those times when life shifts, sometimes out of choice, and often because of circumstance. They can be extraordinarily challenging in their own ways and full of their own kind of grace…If you are in a place of discernment in your life, a season on pondering next steps, then you are on a threshold as well. Thresholds are…times when there is a profound unknowing of what will come next.”
Sunday, February 2
- Please note: There will not be a worship service at the Civic Center because of the Winter Retreat.
New Book for Christian Formation
Our new text for Christian Formation is The Soul’s Slow Ripening: 12 Celtic Practices for Seeking the Sacred by Christin Valters Paintner. It is available in kindle form as well as paperback via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Souls-Slow-Ripening-Practices-Seeking/dp/1932057102 We will begin with the introduction on January 26.
Plan to Participate in Faith-Rooted Ecumenical Advocacy Efforts, Including Ecumenical Advocacy Days 2020
Creation Justice Ministries is one of more than 40 co-sponsoring Christian organizations for the annual Ecumenical Advocacy Days conference in Washington, D.C. This is a valuable gathering that connects Christian communities nationally to worship, learn about timely issues, develop leadership skills, and take action for justice. This year’s theme is “Imagine! God’s Earth and People Restored.” Learn more at www.advocacydays.org. Early Bird registration ends March 16. When considering who to send, think about who is eager to make a difference, but might not otherwise be able to pay their own way. You can also check the website of your state’s interfaith or ecumenical council to see if they are planning advocacy days in the state capitol.