Sunday, January 5: Epiphany Sunday
- 9:15am Christian Formation, Falling Upward, Ch. 12, New Problems and New Directions
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship: What are We Waiting For?
- Extension of grace: God invites us into God’s work in the world.
- Scripture: Isaiah 60:1-6; Psalm 72:1-7, 10-14; Ephesians 3:1-12; Matthew 2:1-12
- 12:00pm Potluck
Wednesday, January 8
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
Eat Those Leftovers
After the holiday season you will likely have leftovers from Christmas dinner, parties, and family get-togethers. A great way to be a steward to the Earth is to consume your food. Did you know that Americans throw away 25% of the food they buy? Not only is this a waste of money but it is also harmful to the environment. Producing food takes land, water, and heavy machinery. By eating your leftovers you are not only saving money but also preventing energy waste from food production. Not to mention you are keeping them from taking up space in a landfill.