Sunday, December 1 First Sunday of Advent
- 9:15am Christian Formation, Falling Upward, Ch. 8, Amnesia and the Big Picture. Be extra prepared by reading chapter 9, too, in case the discussion moves forward to that chapter.
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship: What are We Waiting For?
- Frustration—We cry out, feeling as if we can’t get through to God.
- Scripture: Isaiah 2:1-5; Psalm 122; Romans 13:11-14; Matthew 24:36-44
- 12:00pm Potluck
- 1:00-3:00pm Advent Craft Event
- Advent is a time of preparation, anticipating both the Celebration of Chris’s birth as well as Christ’s second coming as the judge of the world. To guide in this preparation, daily readings and prayers help focus our attention on Christ rather than the ever hyped-up secular “Christmas” traditions our society enjoys. Make an Advent Calendar on a 12×12 canvas or a small journal during the Craft Event. Daily readings and prayers on labels will be available to add to your creation. Supplies to make small ornaments will also be available to anyone who wishes to join in on the event.
- Kate has also prepared a Daily Advent Devotional for all of us. Thank you, Kate!
Wednesday, December 4
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan. Help is welcome; please contact Shelly or Kay.
- 7:00pm Women’s Ecumenical Advent Service, First Presbyterian Church, Libertyville
- Anne is one of the leaders.
Saturday, December 7
- 2:00-4:00pm Stories Beyond Borders (film documentary event about immigration) Waukegan Public Library, Waukegan
Christmas Caroling and Cheer
Save the Date! Join us for Christmas Caroling and Cheer on December 22, 2019, 4:00pm at the Longenecker/Mann home.
#OptOutdoors on Black Friday
Instead of buying more stuff this Black Friday, opt outdoors. This alternative is greener plus you save money and can spend quality time with family and friends.