Saturday, June 8
- 8:00am Men’s Breakfast, Liberty Restaurant, 419 S Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville
Sunday, June 9 Pentecost Sunday
- 9:15am Christian Formation
- We plan to discuss Table topics for the upcoming delegate assembly in Kansas City. One question regards efforts of focus on shared peace witness for the next two years. The June issue of The Mennonite highlights the theme, and one example is available online: https://themennonite.org/feature/churches-raise-money-bond-woman-held-detention/
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship
- Scripture: Acts 2:1-21
- Sermon: “The Power of the Spirit for Today”
- Speaker: Anne
- 12:00pm Potluck
- 1:00pm Congregational Meeting
- Agenda will include updates on finances and board topics. All are invited to consider board positions as the new terms approach in the fall.
Wednesday, June 12
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan
Saturday, June 15
- Beer and Hymns Gathering, Patty and Tim Peebles house in Rogers Park, Chicago. Details to follow.
Sunday, June 16
- 10:30am Worship in the Woods
- Worship will take place outdoors at the University of St. Mary of the Lake, also known as Mundelein Seminary. We will gather at 10:30am at the parking lot of the Joseph and Mary Retreat House, formerly known as the Cardinal Stritch Retreat House. Please see the attached map for details.
- Map and directions to Mundelein Seminary
On June 23, we return to the Civic Center to begin our Summer Worship Series. Each Sunday we invite you to experience a different form active prayer as part of our integrative focus on the life and teaching of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Creative Prayer by Faith McCloud is our resource alongside the lectionary readings.
Bring a Reusable Container for Leftovers to the Restaurant
Next time you go out to eat, bring a reusable container for your leftovers. One-time-use plastic and styrofoam containers are easily replaceable with a reusable container. You can leave one by the door, in your backpack, or in your car so that you remember it.