Saturday, October 6
- 8:00am Men’s Breakfast, Liberty Restaurant
- 1:00pm PADS Lunch Preparation at Kyms. Please send an email to Phil if you are planning to help. It can take from 30-60 minutes depending on how many people are working.
Sunday, October 7
- 9:15am Christian Formation. Living Wisdom, chapter 5, pp. 38-46, “Aboriginal Wisdom” (available free online; follow this link to download a copy)
- 10:00am Fellowship Time
- 10:30am Worship and Communion
- As part of worship, we will process the Listening to the Spirit survey. *Please read the explanation below for more information.
- 12:00pm Potluck
Wednesday, October 10
- 7:00pm Children’s Ministry with First Baptist in Waukegan
*What to expect when we process the results of the “Listening to the Spirit” survey this Sunday
Bring your electronic device to access the survey results. A few paper copies will be available.
Every “First Sunday” we share communion and a potluck meal after worship. For the next three “First Sundays” when we are doing the worshipful work of processing the Listening to the Spirit survey we will share in worship together for 30 minutes and then engage with one another in a process to explore the survey results.
10:30 ~ 11:00 Worship and Communion
11:00 ~ 12:00 Worshipful Work with the survey
12:00 ~ 1:00 Potluck
In a nutshell: Three tables will be set up near the worship space. After worship, we will gather as evenly as possible at the tables. Each table will discuss together a section of the questions, guided by the focus question for this time, and note their observations. Then, we will gather and share our observations together in the large group.
October’s goal: to look for and listen for the desires of our hearts that are expressed in the survey.
We will conclude our time together with a blessing and share our meal together.